Sunday, September 12, 2010

UnderCovers

J.J. Abrams, creator of "Alias" and "Lost" has a new show coming out in a couple of weeks on NBC, a spy drama called "Undercovers." What's most exciting is that the leads are black. Superfine Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha Raw star as Steven and Samantha Bloom, retired spies who get reactivated by the C.I.A. I knew there was something familiar about Gugu. Then, I discovered --- she's Tish Jones! Martha Jones's sister!!! Doctor Who's companion, Martha Jones!!! I had originally heard "Undercovers" was being compared to "Hart to Hart," one of my favorite shows back in the 70s. That was enough to grab my attention. I'm hoping this series will be good enough to survive with two black leads.

Steven & Samantha Bloom
Gugu Mbatha Raw
Boris Kodjoe
Martha Jones - Tish Jones
The Doctor & Jones Family

No comments: