Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wednesday Comics

Wednesday Comics was a newspaper that came out (go figure) every Wednesday for 12 weeks by DC Comics. I picked up the final issue today and I can say that I'm quite pleased. I'm a DC fanboy. I have always been one and will always be one. I've been reading DC Comics ever since I could read comics. I LOVE DC Comics!!! (I can't say I'm particularly a fan right now. Too many deaths. Too much blood. Too many titties. Especially Powergirl's. Who I love. Especially by Amanda Conner, who did the beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Supergirl strip.) If we get to see that much titty going on, then I need to see more male package and/or superhero ass. When I heard that DC was going to put out a Sunday comics format for twelve weeks of comics (on Wednesday) just like the Sunday comics from back in the day --- I got excited. I was sooooo ready for this. Incredible characters. Incredible stories. Incredible artists and writers, etc. Wednesday Comics delivered what it promised. OMG. I am so happy with the final product now that the twelve weeks are over. I can honestly say that I probably couldn't handle this forever on Wednesday, but it was a really nice twelve week run.

Wednesday Comics had Batman, Kamandi: the Last Boy on Earth (work too beautiful for words), Superman (be still my beating heart -- art work: breathtaking), Deadman, Green Lantern (stunning art work), Metamorpho, Teen Titans, Adam Strange, Supergirl (Amanda Connor --- you rock!!!! Love your work on Powergirl), Metal Men (OMG --- Jose Luis Garcia Lopez is STILL the greatest EVER!!!!!), Wonder Woman, Sgt. Rock, Flash (the best feature --- spellbinding!!!), Demon and the Catwoman, and finally, Hawkman. Grabbing this every week took me back to a time when comics were fun. It reminded me of the days that I would eagerly await for the Sunday newspaper and I would grab the "funnies" after my father read them. I would go straight to Brenda Starr, Reporter. No joke. Brenda is the greatest. Good job, DC. For twelve weeks, I enjoyed comics again.


4 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

VICTOR U ARE SO GORGEOUS!

Belasco said...

You, sir, are a man after my own heart. I'm a big DC fan too. And I agree with you about their current state. I hope they collect the Weds. comics in a trade because I found the sunday page format to be unwieldly. I loved me some sunday pages back in the day though. For me it was Dick Tracy, Kerry Drake, Steve Canyon and, yes, Brenda Starr. :-) Good times...

Victor Hodge said...

I remember Kerry Drake. But, for me, it was definitely Brenda Starr! For Better or For Worse! More Brenda Starr! Yeah, the newspaper was unwieldly, but I just pretended it wasn't. I tried sitting at a table. I tried spreading it out on the floor. I tried laying sideways and also sitting up in bed. I even though about sitting on the balcony. But, it did transport me back to those special Sunday mornings when breakfast was being made.

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful (T18)